Security First Corp. Disclaimers
Effective Date: January 1, 2014
1. Information Collection and Use
When you use or access the Security First Services, you give us your consent to collect, process, use, store, and disclose, in accordance with these Terms, any nonpublic information or data that identifies you as an individual (“Personal Information”), which you submit or convey through your use of this Service. We may access, store, use, process or otherwise handle such Personal Information in connection with our operation of the Service, including efforts to ensure proper operation of the Service and proper access and security controls.
The types of Personal Information we collect and share depend on how you use the Services and on whether your organization has entered into separate agreements with us. Examples of the Personal Information we may collect and maintain include:
- Information you provide such as your name, email and physical addresses, phone number and company information;
- Information related to other Users who you wish to grant access to your files (e.g., their email addresses or other individual or group identification information)
- Billing information and transaction history (including any information sent to or received from PayPal);
- Information you supply to us concerning your preferences and interests expressed in the course of use of the Service;
- Social media and advertising related-data (e.g., information to send notifications to Facebook and Twitter accounts and other information sent to or received from third party social media and advertising platforms);
- Automated information that may be collected when you interact with the Service, emails, and online advertising, if any, which may include but is not limited to data from the computer, mobile phone or other device you use to access the Service.
We use this information to:
- Register your account
- Fulfill your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Assess the needs of your business to determine suitable products
- Send you requested product or service information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our Web site and marketing efforts
- Conduct research, analysis, marketing and advertising
Information Related to Data Collected through the Security First Services
Security First may collect and process third party personally identifiable information under the direction of our customers/users. We have no ownership of third party information. An individual who seeks access, who seeks to correct, amend or delete inaccurate data should direct his/her query to the Security First customer representative that they interact with directly (the data controller) or to the Security First Support Desk (firstname.lastname@example.org). If a Security First customer requests that we remove personally identifiable information on their behalf, we will respond to their request within 30 days. Security First will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers for as long as needed to provide services and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
2. Information Sharing
Third Party Product Support Providers
- We may share information you authorize us to share with third parties (e.g., your name/email address) in emails or phone cal gls with other third parties involved in providing product support for SPx based products.
- We may share Personal Information with third party websites and platforms you interact with in connection your use of the Service (e.g., PayPal, Facebook and Twitter). We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our service, to provide the service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services (including data storage, maintenance services, database management, web analytics, payment processing, customer support and improvement of the Service’s features) or to assist us in analyzing how our Service and service are used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information only for purposes of performing these tasks on our behalf and we require these parties to protect this information in a manner consistent with this notice and prohibit them from using such information for any purposes other than those requested by us.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if Security First is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
3. User Access and Choice
If your personal information changes, you may correct, update, amend, or remove it in some cases by making the change in your user account settings page, by emailing our Customer Support at support@SecurityFirstCorp.com or by contacting us by postal mail at the contact information listed below. If you no longer desire and wish to terminate any Security First service, you may contact us via the methods indicated above. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- When you create a Security First account, you may receive an occasional promotional email or notification of a non-transactional nature; we will use your name and email address to send these emails to you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving these emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, or you can contact us at email@example.com .
Web Browser ‘Do Not Track’ Signals
- Our Site does not currently process web browser ‘Do No Track’ (DNT) signals. Information is collected and processed as listed in this policy regardless of your browser “Do Not Track’ setting. We do not currently tailor any information on our website (e.g. ads) based on browser-related information that could be transferred.
4. Tracking Technology (Cookies)
Web Beacons / Gifs
- We and some of our third party service providers employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons), that help us better manage content on our site by informing us what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. We do not tie the information gathered by clear gifs to our customers’ personally identifiable information.
Analytics / Log Files
- As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
3rd Party Tracking
Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting
- As you use the internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each website you visit. This information, which is sometimes referred to as “clickstream data,” can be collected and stored by a website’s server. Clickstream data can tell us the type of computer and browsing software you use and the address of the website from which you linked to our Site. We may use clickstream data as a form of non-personally identifiable information to anonymously determine how much time visitors spend on each page of the Site, how visitors navigate throughout the Site and how we may tailor our web pages to better meet the needs of visitors.
The security of your personal information, and all sensitive information we process, is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as log-in credentials), or any time you are engaging the Services, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site and Services, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Additional Information
Links to Third Party Sites
Social Media Widgets
- We may decide to allow you to use sign-in services such as Facebook Connect to receive account updates automatically, posted to your Facebook wall. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this Web site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
Changes to this Policy
7. Fradulent E-mail
"Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your Personal Information. If you receive an e-mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your Personal Information, do not respond. We will never request your Personal Information through e-mail.
8. Contact Us
Security First Corp. Offices
Security First®, SecureParser® and Multi-Level Security® are registered trademarks of Security First Corp. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Linking to this Site
All links to this Web site must be approved in writing by Security First, except that Security First consents to links in which the link and the pages that are activated by the link do not: (a) create frames around any page on this Web site or use other techniques that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of any content within this site; (b) misrepresent your relationship with Security First; (c) imply that Security First approves or endorses you, your Web site, or your service or product offerings; and (d) present false or misleading impressions about Security First or otherwise damage the goodwill associated with the Security First name or trademarks. As a further condition to being permitted to link to this site, you agree that Security First may at any time, in its sole discretion, terminate permission to link to this Web site. In such event, you agree to immediately remove all links to this Web site and to cease using any Security First trademark.
This Web site may provide links or references to non-Security First Web sites and resources. Security First makes no representations, warranties, or other commitments whatsoever about any non-Security First Web sites or third-party resources that may be referenced, accessible from, or linked to any Security First site. A link to a non-Security First Web site does not mean that Security First endorses the content or use of such Web site or its owner. In addition, Security First is not a party to or responsible for any transactions you may enter into with third parties, even if you learn of such parties (or use a link to such parties) from an Security First site. Accordingly, you acknowledge and agree that Security First is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and is not responsible or liable for any content, services, products, or other materials on or available from those sites or resources.
Security First does not want to receive confidential or proprietary information from you through our Web site. Please note that any information or material sent to Security First will be deemed NOT to be confidential. By sending Security First any information or material, you grant Security First an unrestricted, irrevocable license to copy, reproduce, publish, upload, post, transmit, distribute, publicly display, perform, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise freely use, those materials or information. You also agree that Security First is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques that you send us for any purpose. However, we will not release your name or otherwise publicize the fact that you submitted materials or other information to us unless: (a) we obtain your permission to use your name; or (b) we first notify you that the materials or other information you submit to a particular part of this site will be published or otherwise used with your name on it; or (c) we are required to do so by law. Personally-identifiable information that you submit to Security First for the purpose of receiving products or services will be handled in accordance with our privacy policies.