GDPR PRIVACY RIGHTS:
Providing the Data
Protection in GDPR.
The European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies to all organizations controlling or processing personal data of EU subjects and holds them responsible for implementing processes centered around data privacy as a fundamental human right. At a high-level, organizations need to support several fundamental rights:
- To know what data is collected, used, and how long it is stored
- To see data in a readable format and have errors corrected
- To have access to data in a portable/useable format
- To be forgotten and have all identified data deleted
- To be notified of a data breach in a timely manner
DataKeep addresses the key GDPR Articles related to electronic data with built-in access processes, cryptographic policy enforcement, data destruction, access auditing and integrated key management. DataKeep will encrypt data-at-rest and protect it from the moment of creation or collection through destruction. Pseudonymization via encryption and access policies can lessen the requirement for public notification of a cyber event.