The Sales Development Representative is an inside sales role that helps develop prospecting lists and engages prospective clients via phone, email, or by responding to inquiries that are generated through inbound lead follow-up. An SDR will qualify prospect fit, generate interest, and set appointments for Account Executives to speak with prospects. Cold-calling is a primary function of this position.
Who are you?
- You are self-motivated and competitive, but you are also a team player who enjoys being part of a collaborative group that works together
- Your competitive nature means you enjoy beating goals & quotas and achieving the resulting rewards
- You love talking to new people on the phone, learning about their needs, and getting them excited about a solution
- You manage your time well, pay attention to the details, and have a reputation for getting things done
- You have an ability to instantly build a rapport with prospects
- You have a proven track record in identifying stakeholders, getting past gate keepers & reaching decision makers, winning immediate rapport & trust on the telephone, and piquing the interest of decision makers or influencers
- Manage a territory specific lead development pipeline sourced from inbound information requests and lead gen campaigns
- Research prospect contact information and best ways to develop a relationship within targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information prior to prospecting call
- Engage target contacts through a large volume of outbound phone calls and/or email communication, convey value-proposition and assess prospects level of interest
- Identify decision makers at all levels in a variety of industries, conversing in a professional manner with C-Level, VP-Level & Director Level Decision Makers, qualifying them as directed, and close for an appointment
- Identify buying process roles (e.g. influencer vs decision maker) within prospective organizations
- Relentlessly qualify customers fully and get them to commit to further contact with sales team members, providing all the relevant information necessary to help the sales team close new business opportunities
- Keep comprehensive, accurate notes and update lead interactions in CRM application daily
- Work cooperatively with field sales team to pass on qualified leads for reps to receive, finalize and close
- Meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual lead generation targets (e.g., connections made and qualified leads generated)
- Provide weekly activity report to management
- Work from a quiet home office with high speed internet
- Ability to deliver clear, concise messages in limited time
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills – must be comfortable talking to C-Level/decision makers, as well as gate keepers
- Strong appointment setting closing skills
- Ability to operate with a high degree of autonomy and accountability
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems.
- Proficient on the computer including working on multiple browsers, working with attachments
- Ability to use tools such as DiscoverOrg to build lists and research prospects
- Ability to dive deep into the data, find meaning and deliver outcomes
- In-depth experience working with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Ability to qualify large numbers of prospects tenaciously, but maintain the ability to move on from losses
Experience & Education
- 3 years of B2B technology or software sales, telemarketing or lead generation experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of success in prior professional endeavors
- Experience selling security or software preferred
How to Apply
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.